Tuesday, July 10

Our Love To Admire

Interpol's latest LP is released today! This is their first record on Capitol Records, their new label. I think it was leaked back in June, but I'm old-fashioned and refuse to listen to an album until its official release date (even if that date happens to be before the U.S. release date, like the time I was fortunate enough to pick up a copy of Amnesiac during a layover at the Amsertdam Amsterdam airport, where it came out the day before the U.S. version.)

Anyway, I'm pulling up Our Love To Admire on my beloved Rhaposdy right now. If Interpol's performance at Coachella is any indication, at least half of this LP should be good. Stay tuned.

UPDATE: The record is a good Interpol fix with some infectious tracks and a little bit of exploration, but I rank it under Antics (and of course under Turn On The Bright Lights). That said, the record does have that calculated Interpol aesthetic and precision, as well as Banks' brooding baritone, so I'm pretty happy.

If only they weren't playing the f'ing Forum in LA...

For some Interpol-related craziness, check out aspiring film & TV composer (and young Colonel Sanders look-alike/Interpol bassist) Carlos D.'s montage reel.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, my god! I do that too! I refuse to listen to something until it's release date. Although I think Tyler tricked me once...

DJ KRC said...

How do you spell Amsterdam?